SUPPLEMENTAL CCPA NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA CONSUMERS
This Notice supplements the general Privacy Notice information that we provide at or before the point of information collection, and at gogetolive.com/privacy for California consumers, as this term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”). This Notice is provided on behalf of the Olive its affiliates, and subsidiaries (collectively “Olive” or “we”, “us” and “our”). This Notice does not apply to employees or job applicants.
What information does olive collect?
|Identifiers||Name, alias, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|Personal Information||Name(s), signature, telephone number, education, bank account number, or financial information.|
|Protected Classification Characteristics||Age (40 years or older), marital status, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth, and related medical conditions), or veteran or military status.|
|Commercial Information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories and tendencies.|
|Internet & Network Activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.|
|Inferences from other personal information||Profiles reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, and attitudes.|
|Risk Data||Data from consumer reporting agencies, such as motor vehicle records and loss history information.|
|Claims Data||Information about previous and current claims, which may include third party reports, or other personal information.|
|Transaction Data||Information from consumer reports, and other data collected in relation to our provision of insurance services.|
|Non-Personal Data||Publicly available information, aggregate or de-identified information, browser type and version, browser settings, browser plug-in types and versions, operating systems and platform, device type and operating information, mobile carrier, page response time and download errors, time zone, zip code.|
How does olive collect information?
Olive obtains information from the following categories or sources:
- Information you provide to us directly;
- Information we collect or receive from third parties;
- Social Media;
- Publicly available sources; and,
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
Olive uses information for the following purposes?
- market, sell and provide insurance;
- determine your eligibility for a quote or insurance;
- calculate your premium;
- administer your claims, if any;
- answer questions and provide notifications;
- support our business operations;
- detect security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity;
- conduct actuarial or research studies;
- create and manage your account;
- confirm your identity and service your policy;
- conduct claims investigations;
- provide customer and technical support;
- enhance your customer experience;
- improve our products and services;
- to provide, support, personalize, and develop our website, products and services;
- create, maintain, customize, and secure accounts;
- conduct analytics identify, understand, and manage risk;
- conduct audits;
- undertake internal research for technological development;
- develop and offer new products and services;
- market products and services, including with strategic partners;
- exercising and defending our legal rights;
- managing risk and securing our systems, assets, infrastructure, and premises;
- protect the integrity and maintain security of our Applications, Websites and Products;
- to respond to regulatory, governmental or law enforcement requests;
- to fulfill our contractual obligations;
- to help ensure the safety and security of our staff, assets, and resources;
- as described at or before the point of collecting personal information; and
- as otherwise permitted by federal or state law.
Olive may share the personal information of California consumers with the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates;
- Service Providers;
- Public entities and institutions (e.g. regulatory, quasi-regulatory, tax or other authorities, law enforcement agencies, courts, arbitrational bodies, and fraud prevention agencies);
- Professional advisors including law firms, accountants, auditors, and tax advisors;
- Insurers, re-insurers, policy holders, and claimants.
Sale of Personal Information
Olive does not sell personal information regarding California consumers. California consumers have the right to direct businesses not to sell your personal information (opt-out rights), and personal information of minors under 16 years of age will not be sold, as is their right, without theirs or their parents’ opt-in consent.
Categories of Information Disclosed for Business Purpose(s)
|Protected Classification Characterisitics||Personal Information Related Inferences|
|Internet or Network Activity||Employment Related Information|
|Commercial Information||Risk Data|
|Claims Data||Transaction Data|
Information Storage & Protection
The security of your personal information is important to us. That is why we take commercially reasonable steps to make sure your personal information is protected. Although no system can guarantee the complete security of your personal information, we will use our best efforts to maintain commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and physical safeguards, consistent with applicable law, to protect your personal information.
California Consumer Rights
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) provides California consumers with specific rights regarding personal information. These rights are subject to certain exceptions, including for example, if the personal information was collected pursuant to Gramm-Leach-Bliley, the privacy law regulating insurance companies. Our response to your exercise of rights may be limited as permitted under law.
Access or Delete
You may have the right to request that Olive disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information in the twelve (12) months preceding such request, including a copy of the personal information we have collected. You also may have the right to request that Olive delete personal information that Olive collected from you, subject to certain exceptions. Specifically, you have the right to request that we disclose the following to you, in each case, in the twelve (12) month period preceding your request:
- the categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which the personal information was/is collected;
- our business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information;
- the specific pieces of information we have collected about you;
- the categories of personal information about you, if any, that we have disclosed for monetary or other valuable consideration, and the categories of third parties to which we have disclosed the information, by category or categories of personal information for each third party to which we disclosed the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose.
Olive shall respond within 30 business days of receipt of written requests to correct, amend, delete or requests for access to recorded personal information.
To limit our sharing
1981 North Broadway, Suite 210A
Walnut Creek CA 94596
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a twelve (12) month period. The verifiable consumer request must provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom Olive collected personal information or an authorized representative of such person; and describe your request with sufficient detail that allows Olive to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, Olive will not:
- Deny you goods or services;
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts, other benefits, or imposing penalties;
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services; and
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services, or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Privacy Notice Updates
Olive reserves the right to makes changes to this notice at any time and for any reason. The updated version of this policy will be effective once it is accessible. You are responsible for reviewing this policy to stay informed of any changes or updates.